Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sick day

I've been feeling under the weather all week. It's been all I can do all week to drag myself home, throw some food into the microwave, and shovel it down my throat without tasting it before heading to bed around 7 pm. Yesterday, my roommate suggested I take a sick day. Other people didn't even bother suggesting it; they assumed there was no way I'd be going in to work.

I assumed the opposite, because teachers never take sick days. When I mentioned to a couple of my co-workers today that I am feeling under the weather, here are some of the responses I got:

"I took my temperature this morning and I had a fever. I felt too bad leaving B alone with our crazy class, so here I am." (B has mentioned once or twice that this class is driving her to drink, so I understood her hesitation.)

"I haven't been able to keep down anything but toast since Monday."

"I had to have a CAT scan yesterday."


"I had explosive diarrhea all day yesterday. No warning whatsoever. But I have too much work to do, so I came in anyway."


Uhhh. Well, I don't have explosive diarrhea, or a fever. But I feel crappy and I'm staying home, dammit. I'm pretty sure the kids will survive without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment