Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Manly Man

Two nights ago, while I was with Le Canadien, I felt worried. I worried that I would start to like him too much and get heartbroken because he doesn't want a girlfriend and might move to California. I worried about whether or not I should have sex with him. But now that I've had a day to catch up on my sleep and reflect on it, all I can think is, awesome.

I've dated attractive men before -- all of them have been attractive on some level. But Le Canadien is different: he has shoulders that are twice the breadth of mine and make me feel Scarlet O'Hara-ish, big muscles, a ruggedly handsome face and plenty of chest hair (but not in a gross way). He plays soccer on the weekend. When it got hot and I asked if he wanted me to crank the AC he said no, he likes being sweaty. He's a manly man. Turns out I like 'em manly, too.

He's also very charming and very smart and someone I could easily imagine incorporating into my life, and I am probably going to have to remind myself a lot of times not to like him too much or get used to having him around. But I think I can do it. I have plenty of other dates lined up, so that should help.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the next time he comes over to "walk the dog" with me, which he says he'd like to do soon. (I'm housesitting with a pup.)

No comments:

Post a Comment